With Chelsea’s extraordinary performance at the European Championships, hopes of the English
team repeating the feat at Euro 2012 are high. Bookies are getting in on the action with Paddy
Power giving us generous 10/1 odds to win the title and as we’re just behind Germany, Spain and
Holland I’m certainly going to have a sneaky bet.
Whether you will be heading to Ukraine and Poland for the Euros or you’re simply watching the big
games down the pub with mates, why not dress up in champion style and show everyone what it is
to be a truly dedicated England fan?
Get noticed in the stands
Get yourselves on the big screen singing Three Lions and show everyone just how good-humoured
us England fans can be with these costume ideas:
- Throw the linesmen off and wear referee costumes – they always make mistakes so come prepped with red cards!
- Show your appreciation for cheerleading outfits and show the girls they also look pretty damn good on us blokes too – if this doesn’t get you on the big screen…
- Mascot costumes – it might be a bit hot in Ukraine and Poland, but for comedy value this is a must costume to wear
Wave the flag at home
Ok so you haven’t got a ticket for the Euros, but after watching that recent programme with Sol
Campbell it doesn’t sound like such a loss after all. Instead why not have fun at home, grab your
mates, have a barbie and get a sweep stake going.
Sweep stake costume ideas:
- Wear a wig, get some funky red and white grill sunglasses and you’re all set to chant the
- Get the whole En-ger-lund strip on – find St George and 1966 soccer hero costumes to get
everyone in a winning mood
- Got Sweden in the sweep stake? How about an ABBA costume? That’s sure to get the boys
- Got France? Unlucky!
Wearing fancy dress to the Euros 2012 has been written by All Fancy Dress. Click here to see what costumes you could be wearing in the stands or to the party.